Regional Program Leaders for the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) are selected from program participants and partners in a competitive process overseen by the Independent Science Panel, and in consultation with the CCAFS Lead Center Director‐General.
Host Institutions of Regional Program Leaders receive three-year renewable contracts to host these personnel. The performance of Regional Program Leaders is evaluated on an annual basis.
The Program Management Committee for CCAFS is built from selected Theme Leaders and Regional Facilitators, with additional recruits where appropriate.
Terms of reference: Regional Program Leaders
- Research leadership: Defining strategic directions for a specified region of this CRP, communicating them clearly and transferring them into workplans and budgets in collaboration with Theme Leaders.
- Regional Program coordination: Overseeing research in a specific region from Participating Centres and coordinating actions that leads to coherent implementation of the regional activities. This includes participatory selection of research sites, ensuring baseline surveys are conducted and facilitating action research at multiple scales.
- Program Management Committee: In the cases of those individuals on the Program Management Committee, to contribute to the work of this committee. \
- Program coordination: Assisting in implementing this CRP in a coordinated manner across themes and regions, so as to ensure outcomes and impacts, including contributing to synthesis products and activities.
- Conducting research: Developing a number of core research activities with partners to contribute to research outputs that are critical to achieving the Theme goals and regional priorities.
- Developing partnerships: Developing long‐term and equitable partnerships with a core list of key partners crucial to the regional implementation
- Publishing: Continue scientific output in journals, books and reports
- Communicating: Communicating regional research outputs and strategy through innovative means in order to project a highly professional image for CCAFS
- Fund raising: Levering resources for the region and this CRP.
- Liaising with the Host Institution on management and administrative issues as appropriate