The governance and management of the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) is based on lessons learned by the CGIAR in other initiatives involving multiple Centers and partners, including other CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs).
All CGIAR Centers have a stake in CCAFS, and numerous Centers have considerable climate change expertise and activities. The CCAFS program is made up of the following bodies, each playing a specific governance role:
- Independent Steering Committee (ISC), with both scientific and development expertise
- Lead Center, the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) and its Board
- Program Director and a Program Management Committee
- A Program Management Unit, based at Wageningen University & Research and CIAT
- Flagship Leaders and Regional Program Leaders, who are responsible for aspects of CCAFS implementation
- CGIAR Climate Change Contact Points at each CGIAR Center, will help ensure CCAFS is appropriately linked to all Centers and CRPs
You can find all key strategic documents here.