Agriculture is a sector where the impacts of climate change are very apparent, with increasing droughts, floods and extreme weather events putting increased pressure on rural communities all over the world. At the same time, emissions from agriculture and land use represent a significant share across countries. This event presents the most promising agriculture and climate change initiatives that could be further developed to address climate action overall and replicated in different regionsd of the world, and discuss these in a context of the submitted INDCs/NDCs and the further work under the Paris Agreement.
14:15 – 14:20 Introductions: Pernille Sørensen, Chief Project Manager, COWI A/S
14:20 – 14:25 Welcome: Hon. Kimmo Tiilikainen, Minister for Agriculture and the Environment, Finland
14:25 – 14:45 Presentation of project findings: Dhanush Dinesh, Global Policy Engagement Manager, CCAFS and Simon L. Bager, Consultant, Bioeconomy, Climate Change and Agricultural Services, COWI A/S
14:45 – 15:30 Moderated round table discussion
- Hon. Kimmo Tiilikainen, Minister for Agriculture and the Environment, Finland
- Hon. Luis Felipe Arauz-Cavallini, Minister of Agriculture, Costa Rica
- Hon. Geraldine Mukeshimana, Minister for the Environment, Rwanda
- Mrs Anette Friis, Head of Program Coordination, CCAFS
- Mrs Margarita Astralaga, Director – Environment and Climate Division, IFAD
Moderator: Tony Simons, Director General of ICRAF.
15:30 – 15:40 Closing remarks from the panellists
15:40 – 15:45 Closing by moderator
The event is organized by the Nordic Council.