An overview of activities at and alongside the 20th session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC (COP20) in Lima, Peru
29-30 November 2014
Hackathon: Solutions for Climate Change and Food Security
How can decision-makers and policy makers prioritize investments in agriculture and climate change by making more strategic planning? This workshop aims to share the tools and methods that can make the difference. By invite only
Venue: San Isidro Inn Hotel.
Learn how to assess and prioritize agricultural mitigations options by country and by regions within countries. The University of Aberdeen, with support from CCAFS, will present a user-friendly tool that can help stakeholders design beneficial and cost-effective mitigation options based on their geographic location. By invite only
Venue: San Isidro Inn Hotel.
How can more inclusive adaptation programs be developed in order to support the resilience of indigenous peoples and small-holder farmers and their communities? Climate-smart technologies for agriculture have been developed for some time. However, few of these technologies have been adopted due to lack of resources at multiple levels (financial, technical expertise, personnel) and limited understanding of smallholder farmers’ priorities and needs for adaptation.
Venue: Sipan Room, COP 20 Venue: Cuartel General del Ejército del Perú (CGEP) Av. Boulevar S/N, San Borja Lima 41 Surco, Lima, Peru
4 December 2014
This discussion forum views on what has been achieved in Colombia from a series of gremios, producer organizations, research institutions and the prospect of the Ministry will be shared. And then a panel will discuss how Colombia can be strengthened in the future and out, scaling this model to other countries. This event is open for all - in Spanish only
Venue: Voices for Climate - Mountains and Waters Pavillion.
7 December 2014, 10:00 - 16:00
6 - 7 December 2014
Global Landscapes Forum 2014
A number of sessions feature CCAFS work including:
- 6 December, 8:45 - 10:15 The Africa Climate-Smart Agriculture Alliance – a unique partnership and systemic approach to food insecurity and climate change in Africa [Read report back]
- 6 December, 17:30 - 19:00 The role of genetic diversity, traditional knowledge and restoration of native plants in climate adaptation and resilience [Read report back]
- 6 December, 17:30 - 19:00 Gender and resilience across the landscape: Lessons from Latin America, Africa and Asia [Read report back]
- 7 December, 14:15 - 15:45 Factoring climate change into local development strategies: Lessons from CATIE’s concept of Climate Smart Territories in Latin America, the Carribean and Africa
- 7 December, 14:15 - 15:45 Using climate-smart technologies to scale up climate-smart agriculture practices [Read report back]
CCAFS is hosting a half-day event to raise awareness among farmers’ representatives and youth representatives on the status of agriculture in the negotiations, provide a networking space for farmers, and also exchange ideas on influencing agriculture in the UNFCCC going forward to the post-2015 agreement and beyond. By invite only
Venue: Miraflores Colon Hotel
Venue: Army Headquarters of Peru - Room Paracas