Learning platform description
The CCAFS Learning Platform on Ex-ante Evaluation and Decision Support for Climate-Smart Options addresses advance assessment of climate-smart practices, technologies and policies, helps set realistic CSA targets, and interfaces with CGIAR Research Program (CRP) breeding programs and foresight modelling work. The Learning Platform operates through alliances built around research activities, working with CGIAR Centers and CRPs where there is mutual interest and benefit.
Work under the learning platform revolves around joint research activities, meetings, publications and concept note/proposal development. We also investigate and implement innovative ways of distilling and communicating learning.
The Learning Platform addresses ex-ante evaluation of climate-smart practices, technologies and policies, helps set realistic CSA targets, and interface with CRP breeding programs and foresight modelling work. The work contributes to developing information concerning what is “climate-smart” in different contexts and at different scales, identifying appropriate baskets of different interventions for different situations, and defining thresholds for system and livelihood transformation.
Gender and youth
Gender and youth issues will be taken into consideration as part of the ex-ante evaluation of climate-smart practices, technologies and policies.
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Global Futures project
- CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions and Markets (PIM)
- CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH)
- Utrecht University
- Wageningen University and Research (WUR)
- International Potato Center (CIP)
- International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
- International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT)
- CGIAR Platform for Big Data in Agriculture
- Excellence in Breeding Platform
- International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
- World Bank
- International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI)
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
For more information, please contact project leader Philip Thornton, CCAFS (firstname.lastname@example.org).