In light of rising food prices and their alaming consequences (such as political instability), access to correct, relevant, and useful global price and market information is more important than ever before. The new and improved Food Security Portal, facilitated by our colleagues at IFPRI, been redeveloped to support and inform the global food security discussion by making news, data, and price analysis more accessible to a wider range of users.
- A News page that provides a visualization of food security news hotspots around the world
- the Food for Thought blog, providing insights into ongoing food security issues, with links to videos and publications produced by leading researchers.
- Up to date country profiles, with indicators for livelihoods, food production, export and imports, and commodity prices
- comprehensive datasets for easy monitoring of global and country level price changes
- and a range of new tools and visualizations for easy analysis of the causes and effects of changes in food prices