The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) Working Group on Impact Pathways and Monitoring and Evaluation (M+E) for results-based management will participate in a introductory training workshop on Theories of Change, Impact Pathways and Monitoring and Evaluation.
The objectives of the training workshop are as follow:
1. To introduce working group members to outcomes thinking;
2. To present elements of the CCAFS Theory of Change (TOC), Impact Pathway (IP) and monitoring and evaluation (M+E) frameworks that have been drafted;
3. To provide working group members with tools that will allow them to guide their units in completing their TOC/IP/M+E plan in a way that will allow for a consistent, harmonized product for all of CCAFS; and
4. To establish a CCAFS working group on Theories of Change, Impact Pathways and Monitoring and Evaluation.
Participants in the workshop will be able to:
1. Work with the members of their unit (flagship, region, centre) to document their ToC, write their IP in detail, and draft their M&E plan;
2. Design and facilitate consistent TOC/IP reflection and revision for their unit;
3. Be an active member of a CCAFS practice and discussion group on TOC/IP/M+E; and
4. Explain and promote the CCAFS TOC/IP/ M+E plan to others.
This will be an experiential, hands on training, during which participants will develop their skills by developing first drafts of their unit's TOC, IP and M+E plan. Participants will be able to present these first drafts to their units after the training for consideration and revision.