Data management strategy
The aim of the Data Management Strategy (DMS) is to guide the creation of an enabling environment where scientists and partners are able to produce and share high quality data outputs throughout CCAFS, while at the same time enabling a variety of data management procedures and good practices at project level.
This is achieved through creating “data portals” specifically designed for common types of data where scientists can publish their data and by the provision of guidance and support to scientists and CGIAR Centers to facilitate producing well-managed and documented datasets that are easy to use both now and in the future.
The strategy covers the following areas:
• Accessibility and Open Access
• Ease of use
• Facilitating increased collaboration
• Ethical use and sharing of data
• Provision of support for data generators
• Ensuring that credit and visibility go to data generators
• Adherence to international standards for data storage
CCAFS. 2015. Data management strategy. Copenhagen, Denmark: CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS).