19 March 2010 - 13.00 CET: This high level webcast event will focus on research on closing the gender gap in farming under climate change and key actions to reduce gender inequalities.
The webcast is part of a one-day seminar: Closing the gender gap in farming under climate change
13.00 Welcome by Heide Hackmann, moderator of the panel, Executive Director, International Council for Science (ICSU)
13.05 Highlights of recent research by Frank Rijsberman, CEO, CGIAR Consortium
13.10 Panel discussion
- Mary Robinson, President, Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice
- Sir Gordon Conway, Director of Agriculture for Impact and Professor of International Development at Imperial College London.
- Ann Tutwiler, Director General, Bioversity International
- Jane Madgwick, CEO, Wetlands International
- Dr. Evelyn Namubiru-Mwaura, Policy Officer (Land/Property Rights and Environment/Climate Change), AGRA
14.00 Q&A with audience and online viewers
14.25 Closing remarks