Through its partners, CCAFS is engaged in conducting baseline surveys at the household, village and organisational levels across the three target regions. The challenge is to design tools and instruments that adhere to the highest quality standards in data collection in order to allow for cross-site comparisons to be made. All information is made publicly available through our Dataverse website.
Household baseline materials include questionnaires, implementation and training manuals as well as data entry and analysis systems, as well as reports from the benchmark sites.
Patti Kristjanson, Henry Neufeldt, Anja Gassner, Joash Mango, Florence B. Kyazze, Solomon Desta, George Sayula, Brian Thiede, Wiebke Förch, Philip K. Thornton and Richard Coe
Food Security, 2009-Vol 4, 2012.
Summary of Baseline Household Survey Results
- Lower Nyando, Kenya
- Makueni, Kenya
- Lushoto, Tanzania
- Borana, Ethiopia
- Rakai District, South Central Uganda
- Hoima District, West Central Uganda
- Lawra-Jirapa, Ghana (en francais)
- Cinzana, Mali (en francais)
- Fakara, Niger (en francais)
- Kaffrine, Senegal (en francais)
- Tougou, Burkina Faso (en francais)
Village baseline materials include field manuals; implementation guide; study and report templates; and terms of reference.
CCAFS Village Baseline Surveys Data
- Nyando – Katuk Odeyo, Kenya
- Makueni – Wote, Kenya
- Albertine Rift – Hoima, Uganda
- Kagera Basin – Rakai, Uganda
- Usambara – Lushoto, Tanzania
- Yabello - Borana, Ethiopia
- Lawra – Jirapa, Ghana
- Yatenga – Tougou, Burkina Faso
- Kaffrine – Kaffrine, Senegal
- Segou – Cinzana, Mali
- Kollo – Fakara, Niger
Organisational baseline documentation includes the questionnaire and implementation guides. Click here to access source files or below for easy-to-navigate summaries.