Call for abstracts: 5th Global Science Conference on Climate-Smart Agriculture 2019
For more information about the conference see the official conference website here.
Agricultural development can be slow and uneven, often not reaching the people who are most vulnerable and in pockets of deep, entrenched poverty. It is further hindered by climate change, which disproportionally affects agriculture and threatens the achievement of SDG targets on food security and poverty. In order to achieve food security, increase productivity, alleviate poverty among rural communities, build resilience to climate change and other stresses, and reduce agricultural emissions, a complete transformation in agriculture is needed over the next decade, going beyond business as usual and piecemeal short-term projects.
The overarching theme of the 5th conference, ‘Transforming food systems under a changing climate’, takes cognizance of the need for transformation and aims to build the knowledge base needed to support the transformation required.
What’s your approach to climate-smart agriculture?
You are invited to send your abstract to the 5th Global Science Conference on Climate-Smart Agriculture 2019. We welcome abstracts which demonstrate practical approaches as well as the introduction of new dimensions and perspectives on climate-smart agriculture. Abstracts should be clearly linked to one of the conference sub-themes. The deadline for the submission has been extended to 15 March 2019.
Abstract submission guideline
The following guidelines are provided to assist you in submitting your abstract. All abstract submissions should link to one of the conference sub-themes.
Please read and follow the instructions below:
- Abstracts should be no more than 200 words.
- Complete the online abstract submission form.
- Your abstract should be submitted in English.
- We encourage you to send an abstract which is a summary of a paper’s substance including background, purpose, methods/approach, results, and conclusion.
- Abstract information cannot be altered after the submission site is closed. Please note that the presentation format (oral/speed talk/poster) selected during the submission process is a request only; the selection committee will make the final selections.
- It is the responsibility of the lead presenter to submit the abstract. They will be the primary corresponding author whose responsibility it is to communicate with other members of the presenting team.
- If your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to register for the 5th Global Science Conference on Climate-Smart Agriculture. You will need to register and pay the registration fees for the conference by 15th June 2019 to be included in the final program.
Abstract selection criteria
The selection committee will seek to accommodate the preferred presentation format for all delegates. However, it may also recommend a different presentation format deemed more appropriate for the abstract, in order to build a diverse and interesting program.
The criteria used to assess abstracts may include:
- Relevance of the abstract to the conference theme and sub-themes
- Clear statements regarding (i) the motivation for the work, (ii) the results/findings, and (iii) conclusions/implications
- Research merit, innovation, originality and interest
- Quality of the abstract, in terms of content and language
- Fit with the presentation format preferred