To accelerate implementation of the Paris Agreement, we will facilitate a science-policy dialogue on monitoring, reporting, and verification (MRV) to detect mitigation impacts in livestock production systems. Country experiences will be shared to identify practical innovations for the collection and coordination of activity data and improved emission factors.
- Alexandre Berndt, Brazilian Agriculture Research Corporation (EMBRAPA)
- Zewdu Eshetu, Climate Science Center, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Robin Mbae, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Kenya
- Walter Oyhantacabal, Ministry of Livestock, Agriculture and Fishery, Uruguay
- Bess Tiesnamurti, Indonesian Center for Animal Husbandry Research and Development
- Agripina Jenkins, Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, Costa Rica
- Moderators: Lini Wollenberg (CCAFS and the University of Vermont) and Polly Erickson (ILRI)
The side event is organized by the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) and the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) in partnership with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the Livestock Research Group of the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA), and the University of Vermont Gund Institute for Ecological Economics. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) contributed to the research supporting this event.