The Climate Data Tool
The Climate Data Tool (CDT) is a free, open source R package created specifically for national meteorological services.
CDT allows national meteorological agencies to:
- Organize millions of station observations
- Assess data availability and highlight gaps in the observational record
- Assess and correct data-quality issues
- Combine station observations with proxies such as satellite rainfall and climate model reanalysis products in order to fill temporal and spatial gaps in the observational record
- Evaluate gridded products, including satellite, reanalysis and combined data products
- Extract data from gridded products, including satellite, reanalysis and combined data products, at any point, for selected a box, for any administrative boundary
- Analyze and visualize station and gridded dataset
CDT is a free and open-source R package. It was developed as part of the Enhancing National Climate Services (ENACTS) initiative by the International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI), part of the Earth Institute at Columbia University.