Through its partners, the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) is conducting baselines at household, village and organisational levels across the five target regions.
The baseline surveys are a key component of CCAFS monitoring, learning and evaluation (ML&E) system. The challenge has been to design tools and instruments that adhere to the highest quality standards in data collection in order to allow for cross-site comparisons to be made.
The baseline data collection happened in two phases: 2010/11 in South Asia, West and East Africa and 2014/15 in Latin America and Southeast Asia (data and publications forthcoming).
Household baseline materials include questionnaires, implementation and training manuals as well as data entry and analysis systems, as well as data and reports from the CCAFS sites.
Summary of Baseline Household Survey Results
- Lower Nyando, Kenya
- Makueni, Kenya
- Lushoto, Tanzania
- Borana, Ethiopia
- Rakai District, South Central Uganda
- Hoima District, West Central Uganda
- Ojango JMK, Audho J, Oyieng E, Recha J, Muigai A. 2015. Sustainable small ruminant breeding program for climate- smart villages in Kenya: Baseline household survey report.
- Lawra-Jirapa, Ghana (en francais)
- Cinzana, Mali (en francais)
- Fakara, Niger (en francais)
- Kaffrine, Senegal (en francais)
- Tougou, Burkina Faso (en francais)
Village baseline materials include field manuals; implementation guide; study and report templates; and terms of reference.
CCAFS Village Baseline Surveys Data
- Nyando – Katuk Odeyo, Kenya
- Makueni – Wote, Kenya
- Albertine Rift – Hoima, Uganda
- Kagera Basin – Rakai, Uganda
- Usambara – Lushoto, Tanzania
- Yabello - Borana, Ethiopia
- Lawra – Jirapa, Ghana
- Yatenga – Tougou, Burkina Faso
- Kaffrine – Kaffrine, Senegal
- Segou – Cinzana, Mali
- Kollo – Fakara, Niger
- Madhuri - Rupandehi, Nepal
- Mukundpur - Vaishali Bihar, India
- Pakhana, Karnal - Harayana State, India
- Khulna - Bagerhat, Bangladesh
Organisational baseline documentation includes the questionnaire and implementation guides. Click here to access source files or below for easy-to-navigate summaries.
Baseline Indicator Documents
This document series compiles key indicators from the three levels of the baseline for each site.